The school is a $18.1 million military construction project.
The new two story building facing Dixie Street connects to the existing Vocational School and the current gym.
The building, with a 462-student capacity, features a metal roof, a brick facade with masonry accents, and recessed lockers to improve movement of students between classes.
The new building replaces 71,510 square feet of the high school built in 1958. The building includes:
● 20 classrooms; 900 square feet per classroom
● Two computer labs
● Commons Area
● Geothermal heating and air conditioning
● Specialized functional areas for art, band, science labs, and technology courses
The Groundbreaking Ceremony was held April 2008. New high school construction was completed in July 2009. The Dedication Ceremony was conducted August 7, 2009. Most of the old high school building was demolished.