What's Happening in Ms. W.M.'s 3rd Grade Class?
Vocabulary Strategy -Context Clues
- cotton - cloth made from soft, white fibers that grow in brances on the cotton plant
- festival - a program of entertainment often held annually
- gradeful - beautiful in form or movement
- hankerchief - a soft, usually square piece of cloth used for wiping your nose, face, or hands
- paces - steps
- pale - not bright; dim
- rhythm - the natural strong beat that soem music or poetry has
- snug - fitting your body closely
- approve - to think well of something; to favor something
- ingnored - paid no attention to
- straightening - to make straight; to uncurl
- familiar - well-known
- murmur - a soft, steady sound that rises and falls a little adn goes on without breaks
- shreds - very litttle bits; scraps
Spelling: Syllable Pattern CVVC, CVV
Spelling Test every Friday unless otherwise noted
Grammar: Adjectives and Articles
Grammar Test every Friday unless otherwise noted
- An adjective is a word that can describe a person, place, or thing. Adjectives tell more about nouns. A, an, and the are special adjectives called articles.
0's-5's Test Friday March 18th - Facts will be posted later this week.